First things first…
Why should you build your email list?
Well the very first reason is you can keep in touch with your valuable customers or subscribers. And yes a list of engaged subscribers is one of the most effective and reliable marketing resources. A good list so valuable that it can’t be bought. Why? Because when subscribers sign up for your list, they’re signing up to hear from you and your company. Subscribers have to be earned.
Watch this video from Derek and it will open your eyes, seriouslyIf you’re not building an email list, you’re an idiot. Click To Tweet
What are the best ways (list building secrets) to build a list?
I’ve collected 10 (15 to be exact) best email list building secrets for you.
The permission model allows you to fill your audience with people who are genuinely interested in your brand and what you have to say
With information collected during sign-up (or later), you can precisely segment your list and design your email communication to suit your reader’s preferences.
As you attract qualified leads, you’ll be able to guide them through the decision-making process by aligning content to specific buying cycle stages.
Take a look at the 15 tips I’ve collected to help you build your email marketing list:
Offer quality content
The first and most important list building secrets is offering quality content. Nobody gives up their email address for free. If you want to build a valuable relationship and engage your audience, you need to provide content that is worthwhile and interesting.
If your email promotion is a taking, not a giving, I think you should rethink it. If you still want to take the time and attention and trust of your 4,000 closest friends, think hard about what that means for the connections you’ve built over the years. There are few promotional emergencies that are worth trading your reputation for.Seth Godin
Put sign-up forms on every web page
Your sign-up form should be everywhere your potential subscribers are. Make sure it’s visible and easy to fill out. This is one of the email list building secrets that most influential marketers use.
Use social media to collect email addresses
Integrate your sign-up forms with social media platforms. Driving traffic from multiple sources allows you to build a strong email marketing list much faster.
Design your sign-up form carefully
Ask only for information you plan to use. A good rule of thumb is that less is more — the shorter the sign-up form, the higher the conversion rate.
Show samples of your content
Let your subscribers know what they are signing up for. Use your older content samples to “sell” the email sign-up.
Include a call to action
Put a call to action in your submit button, e.g. Sign me up! This makes the sign-up process more engaging and improves the conversion ratio. This is where you tell your visitors to take actions and do not forget that making your visitors take action is one of the primary list building secrets.
Give away freebies
Think of a relevant incentive for your audience (e-book, infographic, whitepaper) and provide it for free.
Ask subscribers to share
Take the time to prepare valuable, shareable content. Remember that putting the social share buttons is not enough; you still need to ask your subscribers to use them.
Build a content distribution strategy
Producing great content is only half the battle. Make sure it’s visible to the right audience. Define who your ideal audience is and find out where they like to congregate online. Then choose communication channels accordingly.
Publish landing pages
Create a squeeze page where visitors can download premium content in exchange for their email address. A dedicated web page helps users focus on the call to action and increases conversions.
Include testimonials on your landing page
Social proof helps build trust toward a brand and its products. Use testimonials from satisfied customers to help visitors make a decision.
Great content brings more traffic. Develop a realistic content publishing schedule and stick to it.
Guest post on popular blogs
Publishing your content on other blogs is a great way to build relationships with other bloggers in your industry and introduce yourself to new people. Include a backlink to your blog, and your blog’s search rankings will go up.
Collect email addresses at offline events
Be ready to collect email addresses at trade shows and conferences. Ask for business cards or use the Forms on the Go app to instantly add people to your list.
It’s time to get started.
Now you know a handful of great ways to build one of the most effective marketing assets — your email marketing list.
Want more? Check out the new GetResponse List Building Program, available free to anyone with a GetResponse account — even a 30-Day Free Trial account. To sign up for the free course, log into your GetResponse account or go to http://www.getresponse.com/features/list-building-program.html.
Okay why you should get started with GetResponse?
In recent years, GetResponse has come up groundbreaking innovations:
- Responsive Email Design – They were first in the industry to introduce a design interface that automatically formats every message to fit the screens of any mobile or desktop device and any operating system.
- Landing Pages – And they added a slick, new design interface to their platform that turns out high-converting landing pages in minutes.
- Forms – They also integrated forms with landing pages to funnel sign-ups into email campaigns automatically.
- Webinars – Their latest innovation is a webinar platform, now an integrated component of their PRO service option — great for demos.
- And more – They’ve produced innovations in video email marketing, smartphone apps, QR codes, A/B testing, inbox preview, email timing, global view, perfect timing, and custom fields.
Just as important, they constantly update the long-time favorites:
- Autoresponders – GetResponse added sophisticated timing controls and action-triggered emails and then combined it with advanced segmentation for targeted campaigns with the look and feel of one-to-one communication.
- Email Creator – Likewise, they reinvented the email design interface, giving users access to hundreds of professionally designed templates, a drag-and-drop editing interface, and point-and-click tools for campaign development.
- Email Analytics – And they expanded email analytics to report autoresponder performance and social media sharing. They even dovetailed it with segmentation, so users can click to create segments for finer targeting.
Want to try World’s Easiest Email Marketing for FREE?
GetResponse has 350,000 happy customers in 182 countries, engaging more than 1 billion subscribers every month.
Bonus: Best Email Practices