Every website needs SEO, but one important question every website owner has is how to hire an SEO Consultant that can actually generate results? Well Google has answer to this question in a new video that they added in do you need an SEO help document page. The 11+ minute video walks you through the process of hiring an SEO consultant or firm. It tells you what to look for, what questions to ask, what some of the red flags are and more.
In this video Google’s Maile Ohye shares her advice on how to hire an SEO consultant. Hiring an SEO (Search Engine Optimizer) to improve the searcher experience on your website is the most critical part in your business.
Hiring an SEO Consultant: How to hire an SEO Consultant?
Well with that being said by Maile, I’d also like to add my insights on hiring an SEO Expert or Consultant.
So here are some of the useful questions (and my answers ?) you should ask your SEO consultant (or a firm in case you want to spent HUGE money)
- Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories? Here you go: SEO Successful Results
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines? Yes I do follow Google.
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search business? I always offer valuable advice and recommendations
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what time frame? How do you measure your success? Well if you go with white hat way of SEO, you’ll see results in between 3 to 8 months of time depending upon the competition on SERPs.
- What’s your experience in my industry? Before you can hire an SEO consultant you can talk to them or contact me
- What’s your experience in my country/city? You can hire an SEO consultant after you ask them this question
- What’s your experience developing international sites? I have a great experience of over 5 years building world class international websites that actually works and ranks too.
- What are your most important SEO techniques? First I do a proper SEO audit for your website, then I collaborate with you to create a persona for your target audience, next step is to create a content & backlinking strategy and finally execute it and analyze the results and improve your online presence.
- How long have you been in business? It’s been more than 7 years I’m doing this business
- How can I expect to communicate with you? Will you share with me all the changes you make to my site, and provide detailed information about your recommendations and the reasoning behind them? Communication is smooth when you work with me. I share detailed reports including what I’ve done or what I recommended you to do and how it will affect your online presence.
I hope you have learned a few things from this post on how to hire an SEO consultant from Maile. If you think some of the questions needs to be asked please write them down in below comments section.